1 X FRESHWATER OPERATIVE
Full Time, Permanent
Location: Holmwrangle Hatchery, Armathwaite, Cumbria
Cooke Aquaculture Scotland is a leading company in the Scottish Salmon Industry producing exceptionally high quality products for an increasingly demanding market.
We have operations throughout Scotland, Cumbria and the Northern Isles of Orkney and Shetland, together; we pledge a strong dedication to achieving a sustainable aquaculture industry.
We are currently seeking candidates to take on the position of Freshwater Operative at our Holmwrangle Hatchery. As part of a small team, they will assist their colleagues in building strong key relationships and ensuring a safe working environment for all.
Reporting to the Freshwater Manager, the Freshwater Operative is responsible for all aspects of day-to-day husbandry throughout the freshwater production cycle, whilst maintaining the sites high standards of hygiene & biosecurity.
You will be expected to participate in an alarm and weekend duty rota and be prepared to work flexible hours should the needs arise.
Qualifications/Skills required but not essential as full training can be given:
- Experience working in an Freshwater environment
- Ability to participate in an Alarm Duty rota system
- Good understanding of the aquaculture industry
- Candidate must be flexible with regard to hours worked, weekend working will be required
- Be a good team player but have the ability to work alone when required
- Inter-personal and excellent communication skills
- Clean UK driving licence.
In return for your commitment, hard work and dedication we offer excellent terms and conditions, including; competitive salary, bonus scheme, company pension, salary sacrifice schemes and generous holiday entitlement.
If you wish to apply for this job, please click the apply button down below.
Applicants will be required to have a CV and Cover Letter.
Closing Date: Friday 28th April 2017